- Alasdair Gray's "Lanark" because of, amongst other reasons, the discussion of plagiarism. If there are no books there can be no plagiarism.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Yes. I always wanted to be best mates with Bobby Brewster and Studs Lonigan. And I also loved Sophie from Sophie's Choice.
The last book you bought is: David Mitchell's "Cloud Atlas"
The last book you read: A Grammar of the English Language by William Cobbett.
What are you currently reading?
Mtchell's Cloud Atlas
- WallaceMarkfield's Teitlebaum's Window
- Thomas Pynchon's Vineland (again)
- Simon Singh's The Code Book
- Walter Benjamin's One Way Street
- Alexander Solzenhitzyn's The First Circle
Five books you would take to a deserted island:
- Lanark by Alasdair Gray - humour, despair, hope, and the list from whence was ripped.
- The Good Soldier Svejk by Jarosalv Hasek - humour against adversity and insubordination by following orders to the letter.
- Fundamental Algorithms by Donald Knuth - the premier computer science book
- Collected Works by William Shakespeare - about time I knew more plays
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison - I read this as a young teenager and I began to understand the world
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Everyone I know of has already done this quiz so no-one.