Saturday, February 18, 2006

How many bloggers does it take ... [Updated]

How many bloggers does it take to change a lightbulb?

The answer's a fish. No that's another joke. Here in chez Cloud and Rullsenberg the downstairs rooms suddenly went dark. We flicked the switch in the fuse box and all was fine. Then Rullsenberg noticed one of the bulbs in our swanky halogen lightfitting in the dining room had blown. I went off to fetch step ladders. Rullsenberg found a spare halogen bulb. All ready to go. I climbed the step ladders. Could I get the bulb out? Are Wolves going to get promoted this season? Are Nottingham Forest? For those without any knowledge of lower division English football the general consensus on both questions is "No". Five degrees between us and we can't change a lightbulb. What makes it worse is I'm a member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers. My excuse is, I'm a software guy, I don't do hardware. How embarrassing. How shocking.

Update - Sunday afternoon. I try again. On my own, with BBC Radio 6 for company. Rullsenberg was upstairs doing something on the pc. Out came the light bulb. In went the new one. On came the light. On the radio came
"Let there be light,"
There was light
"Let there be drums,"
There was drums
"Let there be guitar,"
There was guitar
"Oh, let there be rock!"
Actually that's a lie. It was AC/DC but it was actually Highway to Hell. But all the best personal stories are improved by a lttle embellishment.

No comments: